- Delhi Air quality index: Pollution level dips to 'very poor' category
- ED arrests close aide of Shiv Sena MLA Sarnaik in money laundering case
- Cyclone Nivar impact: Offices, factories remain closed in Chennai
- Fire in Kirti Nagar, 50 shanties gutted; more details awaited
- Cyclone Nivar crosses TN, Puducherry, felling trees, disrupting power
- India, Bangladesh to discuss transborder crime, smuggling at border meet
- Israelis pay respects to victims of 26/11 Mumbai attacks, demand justice
- Top headlines: GDP to fall, everyday items may get expensive, more
- Changes in Delhi Metro services in wake of farmer movement 'Dilli Chalo'
- LIVE: Economy has exhibited stronger-than-expected rebound, says RBI Guv
LIVE news: CAA will be implemented; it is our commitment, says Amit Shah
Stay tuned for all LIVE updates
Union Home Minister Amit Shah | Photo PTI
The Supreme Court on Friday granted protection from arrest to Arnab Goswami in the Maharashtra assembly breach of privilege motion case and issued a show cause notice to Secretary of legislative assembly for his letter to the journalist purportedly cautioning him against disclosing house notice to the apex court. The top court directed the Secretary of Maharashtra legislative assembly to explain in two weeks as to why the contempt proceedings be not initiated against him.
The Indian and Chinese armies today held another round of Corps Commander-level talks with an aim to chart a roadmap for disengagement of troops from all the flash points in eastern Ladakh. The eighth round of high-level military talks began at around 9:30 am in Chushul on the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh.
The apex court asked the Centre to ensure there is no smog in Delhi-NCR as it was informed that the commission for air quality management will start functioning from today. A bench of Chief Justice S A Bobde and Justices A S Bopanna and V Ramasubramanian posted the pleas related to air pollution for hearing after the Diwali vacation.
On the science front, countdown for the November 7 launch of the Indian rocket, Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-C49 (PSLV-C49), carrying the country's radar imaging satellite and nine other foreign satellites began today..
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.