- Kerala govt grants Rs 20 lakh aid for education of children of prisoners
- IMD to start issuing predictions for malaria outbreak from next monsoon
- Bombay HC quashes BARC's order on imposing fine on TV Today Network
- Armed forces must be ready to combat hybrid threats: IAF chief Bhadauria
- Recovery in domestic air passenger traffic continues in October: Icra
- Five years of One Rank One Pension a momentous occasion: PM Narendra Modi
- Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha takes oath as new Chief Information Commissioner
- Delhi air quality severe due to stubble burning; may remain so on Diwali
- Pak troops shell villages, forward posts along LoC, IB in Poonch and Kathua
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar bans sale of firecrackers ahead of Diwali
LIVE: Alibaug Court to hear cops' plea on Arnab's judicial remand on Nov 9
Arnab Goswami's lawyers Harish Salve and Abad Ponda have made a strong plea for releasing him on bail. Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
The Bombay High Court is hearing a habeas corpus plea by Republic TV Managing Director and Chief Editor Arnab Goswami, challenging his arrest by the Maharashtra Police in an abetment of suicide case and seeking interim bail. The court also hearing a plea filed by Adnya Naik, daughter of the architect Anvay Naik, who along with his mother Kumud Naik, had committed suicide at their bungalow in Alibaug, Raigad, on May 5, 2018. She has sought a reinvestigation into the case or transferring it to an independent agency.
On the business front, Capital-starved Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) is expected to decide on the proposed merger with Clix Capital and its affiliates today, when its board would meet to declare the September quarter results.
Meanwhile, the third and final phase of Bihar Assembly elections 2020 is underway.
In a bid to prevent the Covid-19 pandemic from worsening due to increased air pollution, the Delhi government has banned all types of firecrackers from today to 30.
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.