Business Standard

Maharashtra puts on hold Rs 5,000-cr Chinese projects citing border row

These three deals had been signed before the Ladakh stand-off

Maha puts 3 Chinese projects worth Rs 5,000 cr on hold, cites border clash
Premium

The state government signed agreements worth over Rs 16,000 crore with global companies including Chinese groups

IANS
The Maharashtra government has put on hold three major agreements signed with Chinese companies at the recently concluded Magnetic Maharashtra 2.0 investor meet, officials said.

The proposed projects entail investments of around Rs 5,000 crore in the state.

"We have taken this decision in consultation with the Central government. These agreements were signed prior to the development on the Indo-China border and killing of 20 Indian soldiers," Industry Minister Subhash Desai said.

He added that the Ministry of External Affairs has advised the state government against signing any further agreements with Chinese companies.

It may be recalled that at the

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Jun 22 2020 | 1:02 PM IST

Explore News

To read the full story, subscribe to BS Premium now, at just Rs 249/ month.

Key stories on business-standard.com are available only to BS Premium subscribers.

Register to read more on Business-Standard.com