Touted as the world’s largest cricket stadium in terms of seating capacity, the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium (also known as Motera stadium) is being readied to host US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Narendra Modi. With finishing touches being given, the Motera stadium, which will have a maximum seating capacity of 110,000, will see Trump and Modi address a public event. It will be on the lines of ‘Howdy Modi’ that was held in Houston in 2019.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, February 12 2020. 16:15 IST