- India must start its road to economic recovery with aggressive spending
- Delhi Metro's second halt in 2 years amid Covid-19 weakens path to recovery
- FMCG sales up 9.4% in March qtr, but June qtr remains volatile: Nielsen
- Bharat Biotech trial nod a turning point for paediatric Covid-19 vaccine
- IIP shoots up on low base, retail inflation eases to a three-month low
- Will the deadlier second wave prompt Modi govt to go for another stimulus?
- India adds 12.1 GW power generation capacity in FY21: Report
- AIMTC seeks blanket loan moratorium for transporters till August 31
- Pandemic-impacted renewable energy projects can apply for extension again
- Cabinet approves Rs 18,000-cr PLI scheme for battery manufacturing
Cabinet Highlight: YES Bank moratorium to be lifted within 3 days, says FM
Cabinet has cleared a draft resolution scheme for cash-starved YES Bank. Last week, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had announced a draft scheme of reconstruction for the lender. Follow LIVE UPDATES
Union Ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal and Prakash Javadekar briefed media on the outcome of the cabinet meeting on Friday. The government announced lifting the moratorium on YES Bank within three days and hiking dearness allowance for central government employees by 4 per cent.
The Cabinet has cleared a draft resolution scheme for cash-starved YES Bank. Last week, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had announced a draft scheme of reconstruction for the lender, according to which the strategic investor in the bank would pick up 49 per cent stake and not reduce holding to under 26 per cent before three years from the date of capital infusion.
ALSO READ: Union Cabinet clears draft resolution scheme for YES Bank revival