The finance ministry's move to tighten the noose on entities that have been fraudulently taking input tax credit under the goods and services tax (GST) system has invited the ire of traders and tax experts. Basically, the Centre has inserted a rule under which businesses with a monthly turnover of over Rs 50 lakh will now have to mandatorily pay at least one per cent of their GST liability through cash ledger, starting from this month.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, January 06 2021. 16:06 IST