- India's gold demand up 37% YoY in March qtr; global demand dips 23%: WGC
- Govt looking to monetise possible IT parks, SEZs developed on PSU land
- Single-window clearance mechanism for foreign investors hits a bump
- T V Somanathan named finance secy in place of Ajay Bhushan Pandey
- Cabinet approves India-UK deal on information sharing, Customs cooperation
- Bombay HC stays investigation under FIR against Indiabulls Housing
- Inflation remains a big worry ahead as country reels under Covid shock
- Air India, BPCL sale may be delayed but will get completed by FY22
- National Electricity Policy-21 bats for quality power, private investment
- Will PLI and BCD be able to save the Indian solar manufacturing industry?
Highlights: FM aims to help migrant workers, Congress says not enough done
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced free food grains for 8 crore migrants for 2 months. Stay tuned with Business Standard for FM press conference live updates
FM press conference LIVE: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a second set of measures that are part of a Rs 20 trillion fiscal and monetary package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to support India’s economy, which has been battered by a 51-day lockdown to curb the coronavirus outbreak.
Sitharaman on Wednesday announced measures of nearly Rs 5.94 trillion to provide relief to small businesses; taxpayers; shadow banks; power distribution companies; real estate; organised sector employees; and contractors working with the government.