- India's economy may have grown at slowest in 2 years during March quarter
- Top biz headlines: Corona warriors for markets, Jet gets 7 new EoIs, & more
- India allows export of paracetamol API amid coronavirus outbreak
- FM Sitharaman launches scheme for instant allotment of online PAN
- Govt notifies revised Form 26AS, to have purchase info of shares, property
- CBDT notifies revised Form 26AS, to include details of property, share deal
- Lockdown 4.0: Over 95% flight bookings for one-way trips, shows data
- Fourth tweak in social security Bill likely to cover more workers
- Collapse of commercial papers volume puts debt schemes at risk: Ind-Ra
- Exports likely to improve in May, contraction expected to be 30-35%: Goyal
Highlights: FM aims to help migrant workers, Congress says not enough done
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced free food grains for 8 crore migrants for 2 months. Stay tuned with Business Standard for FM press conference live updates
The government on Thursday announced a Rs 3.16 lakh crore package of free foodgrains for migrant workers.
FM press conference LIVE: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced a second set of measures that are part of a Rs 20 trillion fiscal and monetary package announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to support India’s economy, which has been battered by a 51-day lockdown to curb the coronavirus outbreak.
Sitharaman on Wednesday announced measures of nearly Rs 5.94 trillion to provide relief to small businesses; taxpayers; shadow banks; power distribution companies; real estate; organised sector employees; and contractors working with the government.