- Gig workers set to come under labour laws, get social security benefits
- FIDC bats for NHB as a refinancing body for the entire NBFC sector
- Cabinet decides to ban sale, production of e-cigarettes; ordinance soon
- Advance tax mop-up posts dismal growth, rises by just 6% in H1FY20
- Amazon, Flipkart woo sellers to ensure deep discounts in festive sales
- Factory investment fell, wages went up in GST implementation year
- Govt plans to reduce stake in MMTC to 75%; STC, PEC may shut down
- TVs may get cheaper as govt scraps import duty on open cell panels
- Tax collection misses target by a wide margin; inches up 4.7% in Apr-Sep
- Air India privatisation: Sitharaman meets Puri ahead of first GoM meeting
LIVE: Govt gives FPI relief, makes loans cheaper, revs up auto sector
FM Nirmala Sitharaman is expected to announce steps to revive India's economic growth. Catch all LIVE updates here
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is holding a press briefing, amid expectations that the government would announce steps to revive the country's economic growth.
India's GDP growth in January-March slid to a near five-year low of 5.8 per cent, and most analysts expect the data due later this month to show that growth in April-June faltered even further.
Domestic passenger vehicle sales, a key economic indicator, plunged an annual 31 per cent in July - the steepest recorded pace of decline in nearly two decades.