- After Covid, we need simplicity in ease of doing business: NITI Aayog CEO
- Rajnath Singh approves declassification of war histories after 25 yrs
- Clean energy investment in developing economies top global priority: IEA
- Aurangabad needs international airport, convention centre: Niti Aayog CEO
- Moody's downgrades Delhi International Airport ratings to B1 from Ba3
- MCA amends provisions of SBO's share transfer to investor awareness fund
- Govt asks ministries, departments to cut 'controllable' expenditure by 20%
- Centre borrows less than planned amid second wave of Covid-19 pandemic
- Govt refuses to exempt mainstream media from new IT rules, asks to comply
- TRAI releases new technical framework for broadcasting and cable services
LIVE: Govt gives FPI relief, makes loans cheaper, revs up auto sector
FM Nirmala Sitharaman is expected to announce steps to revive India's economic growth. Catch all LIVE updates here
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is holding a press briefing, amid expectations that the government would announce steps to revive the country's economic growth.
India's GDP growth in January-March slid to a near five-year low of 5.8 per cent, and most analysts expect the data due later this month to show that growth in April-June faltered even further.
Domestic passenger vehicle sales, a key economic indicator, plunged an annual 31 per cent in July - the steepest recorded pace of decline in nearly two decades.