On Wednesday, India recorded fewer than 100,000 new Covid-19 cases for the second consecutive day. The country had hit a record of 420,000 infections just a month ago. Though infections have been falling, the pace of vaccination is nowhere close to the 10 million target envisaged by the government. Despite the government opening up vaccination for all age groups between 18-44, India has been averaging 2.8 million vaccinations daily. Albeit higher than the 1.9 million vaccinations it averaged daily in May, it is much lower than the 3.7 million daily vaccinations it had achieved on April 14.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, June 09 2021. 16:53 IST