Last week, the Central government notified the minimum daily wages for MGNREGA workers for the 2021-22 financial year.
The average wage increase across the country was just about 4 per cent more than in FY21, which in absolute terms translates to a hike of just around Rs 9.
This, according to some experts, is lower than the average notified wages increase of 11 per cent between 2019-20 and 2020-21.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.