Those worth Rs 50,000 crore or more gave away 0.09 per cent of their wealth in the financial year 2020-21 (FY21), shows data from the India Philanthropy Report 2022, a joint study by global consultancy Bain and Company and non-governmental organisation Dasra. This is much lower than the UK (0.44 per cent), China (1.48 per cent) and the US (2.52 per cent). The trend is similar for those in other wealth brackets as well (chart 1).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, March 28 2022. 06:10 IST