Tamil Nadu Assembly election will be held in a single phase on April 6, the Election Commission of India (ECI) announced on Friday. Tamil Nadu election result will be declared on May 2. The term of the state's 15th legislative assembly will end on May 24, 2021. Voting to take place for 234 seats in Tamil Nadu.
Since 1967, Tamil Nadu has been ruled by either the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) or the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK). Although both the parties have fought Assembly elections in alliance with other parties, the alliance parties were not part of the state government. Since then, everal new parties and third fronts have emerged, claiming to be a credible alternative to these parties.
The election for 234 seats in Tamil Nadu will be held in a single phase.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.