Faced with the prospects of attracting huge fines by the regulator, banks have started cancelling the service of e-mandates for auto-debit of funds from cards.
Leading private banks have started sending messages to their customers that they will have to transact on their own for services they want to avail, instead of banks deducting the fee automatically on their behalf.
For example, Axis Bank has sent a communication to its customers that said in accordance with regulatory requirements, “processing of e-mandates for recurring transactions,” registered on credit or debit card, “without Additional Factor of Authentication (AFA), will be discontinued w.e.f. April 1, 2021.” It advised customers to pay at the merchant website or application themselves.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.