While the pandemic upended normal ways of functioning, the digital payments industry and fintech companies have benefited. The crisis has accelerated acceptance of digital payments by years and helped build trust among customers that these payment methods are safe. However, a large section of the population is still holding out. At the Business Standard Unlock BFSI 2.0, leading minds of the payments industry and fintech players — Managing Director & Business Head of Google Pay Sajith Sivanandan; Founder & CEO of PhonePe Sameer Nigam; Group Country Manager of Visa T R Ramchandran; Founder & CEO of Mswipe Technologies Manish Patel; Co-Founder and CIO of Zerodha Nikhil Kamath; and Managing Director & CEO of Infrasoft Technologies Rajesh Mirjankar — discuss the opportunities and challenges thrown up by Covid. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, February 15 2021. 08:31 IST