- RBI balances liquidity absorption with calendar on bond purchase
- RBI commits to OMO calendar, leaves key policy rates and stance unchanged
- RBI has been pragmatic on growth; ring-fenced the liquidity issue
- Liquidity support, bond yield management: Key takeaways from RBI Policy
- RBI keeps repo rate, reverse repo rate unchanged at 4% and 3.35%
- RBI Monetary policy LIVE: Inflation outlook uncertain, says RBI governor
- RBI to go for dovish pause on Wednesday amid inflation, lockdowns: Analysts
- How long will the RBI continue with its extreme accommodative stance?
- Rising Covid cases may prompt RBI to maintain status quo on rates: Experts
- RBI gives payment firms 6-month breather to comply with new framework
RBI Monetary policy highlights: Inflation outlook uncertain, says RBI guv
RBI Monetary policy: RBI today decided to keep rates unchanged today amid rising inflation, lockdowns and Covid surge. Stay tuned for all the LIVE updates
RBI monetary policy highlights: The Reserve Bank of India's (RBI's) six-member monetary policy committee, headed by Governor Shaktikanta Das, announced the outcome of its bi-monthly monetary policy review today. Given the rise in the spread of coronavirus and the imposition of fresh restrictions to contain the virus spread, the RBI decided to maintain status quo on the benchmark repo rate — the rate at which the central bank lends short-term funds to banks — at 4 per cent. It also kept the accommodative monetary stance unchanged today to nurture a fragile economic recovery.
The policy announcement, the first for the fiscal, will come days after the government maintained the RBI's target to ensure inflation to be within 2-6 per cent band for five more years.
Policy repo rate or the short-term lending rate is currently at 4%, and reverse repo rate 3.35%
Stay tuned for RBI Monetary policy LIVE updates