- Loan eligibility for salaried employees depends on factors such as age, salary and work experience.
- Personal loans to self-employed professionals like charted accountants, doctors and businessmen are classified as business loans.
- EMIs of existing loans can reduce the eligibility for getting a new personal loan.
- Transfer existing loans to lower rates and reduce your EMIs. This will increase your eligibility for a new personal loan.
- The company you work for impacts your loan eligibility. Working with a well-established firm affects it positively.
- Banks prefer borrowers with credit score of above 650.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, February 21 2020. 13:11 IST