- No salary cuts; police, healthcare workers to get priority: Maharashtra CM
- Railways' move to suspend services contradicts social distancing message
- Stung by coronavirus, markets log biggest yearly loss in FY20 since 2009
- Govt to borrow Rs 4.88 trn, 62.56% of gross target in April-Sept period
- Fiscal deficit for April-February touches 135.2% of Revised Estimates
- Rise in petroleum production drives core sector output to 11-month high
- IBDI Bank grants moratorium on term loans amid Covid-19 disruption
Coronavirus LIVE: India stays indoors for Janata Curfew on PM Modi's appeal
Coronavirus latest updates: Globally 300,227 infections reported while death toll rose to 12,948 till Saturday due to Covid-19. Catch Coronavirus LIVE updates here
A view of closed Janpath market after it was temporarily shut down as a precautionary measure for coronavirus pandemic in New Delhi
Coronavirus updates: Millions on Indians put themselves under a 14-hour long voluntary curfew on Sunday to limit the fast-spreading coronavirus epidemic in the country, where 315 people have so far been found to have contracted the disease.
“Let us all be a part of this curfew, which will add tremendous strength to the fight against the COVID-19 menace,” Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted minutes before the 'Janta Curfew' commenced. “The steps we take now will help in the times to come,’ he said in the tweet.
Modi in a televised address to the nation last week urged citizens to stay indoors from 7am to 9pm--a move that he said would be a crucial test for a country to assess its abilities to fight the pandemic.
Catch all the live updates here.