Next week, one more record will have been notched up in 2021, a year when the BSE Sensex breezed past previously unheard of levels of 50,000 and 60,000. This time, the record scaled will be for the amount of funds raised through initial public offerings (IPO).
So far in 2021, 41 firms have mopped up Rs 66,974 crore through IPOs, which is just Rs 173 crore shy of the all-time high of Rs 67,147 crore seen in 2017. With FSN E-Commerce Ventures’, or Nykaa’s, Rs 5,300-crore maiden offering, which opens on Thursday, the 2021 tally will cross Rs 72,000 crore.
Nykaa’s IPO will be the biggest since food delivery firm Zomato’s landmark offering in July, which opened the floodgates for start-up offerings. Taking a cue from Zomato’s success, several start-ups filed IPO documents with market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.