- Neuland Labs zooms 53% in 7 days as net profit more-than-doubles in Q3
- India-focussed offshore funds, ETFs see $986 mln outflow in Dec qtr: Report
- Amber Enterprises soars 10%, hits new high of Rs 3,000 on growth prospects
- Torrent Pharma shares tumble 8% post December quarter results
- Beware! These risks may halt the current bull-run in the markets: Analysts
- IIFL Finance zooms 82% in 8 days post December quarter results
- IRCTC, Indian Hotels, SpiceJet: Time to bet on these travel-related stocks
- Balkrishna Ind's Rs 1,900 cr capex plan sparks profit taking; stock down 8%
- Aavas Financiers shares rally 12%, hit fresh lifetime high
- Balaji Amines zooms 20%, hits fresh high on strong Q3 numbers
Bull-run halts as auto, metal stks dip; Sensex ends flat, Nifty holds 15100
The Nifty Auto, Metal, and Pharma indices settled over 1 per cent lower each
Stock market updates: A sharp downtick in auto, pharma, metal, and PSU bank stocks dragged domestic indices from their record peaks to end marginally lower on Tuesday. Market breadth favoured bears today as 1,658 stocks declined on the BSE as against 1,303 stocks that rose. Around 193 remained unchanged at close.
The indices snapped a six-day winning streak with the S&P BSE Sensex closing at 51,329 levels, down 20 points or 0.04 per cent. Asian Paints, ONGC, Titan, L&T, UltraTech Cement, and Nestle India, up in the range of 1 per cent to 4 per cent, were the top gainers today while M&M, Sun Pharma, Bajaj Auto, and ITC, down up to 3 per cent, ended as top laggards. The index edged closer to the 52,000-mark today and hit a new peak of 51,836 on the BSE.
The broader Nifty50, on the other hand, managed to close above the 15,100-mark, at 15,109 levels, down 6.5 points or 0.04 per cent. The index hit an all-time-high of 15,257 during the day.
Broader markets too ended in the red with the S&P BSE MidCap index down 0.18 per cent at close while the S&P BSE SmallCap index closed 0.26 per cent down.
On the sectoral front, most of the indices were gripped in profit booking. The Nifty Auto, Metal, and Pharma indices settled over 1 per cent lower each, followed by lossed in the Nifty Realty Index (down 0.7 per cent) and the Nifty FMCG index (down 0.6 per cent).
Global stocks rose for the seventh straight day to reach a record high on Tuesday, while bitcoin also reached a peak after an endorsement from Tesla Inc in the prior session had sent the cryptocurrency up 20 per cent.
MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan were up 0.3 per cent, led by Chinese blue chips, up 2.2 per cent. Meanwhile, the MSCI All-Country World Index edged up 0.1 per cent to its own record high.
In Europe, the STOXX 600 index fell 0.1 per cent while Germany's DAX index was down 0.2 per cent.
(With inputs from Reuters)