- M-cap of 9 of top-10 most-valued firms jumps over Rs 2.93 trillion
- Global trends to guide markets in holiday-shortened week: Analysts
- Govt likely to ask anchor investors to hold 25% in monetised roads
- Large investors booking profits in high beta, cyclical stocks: Analysts
- Biggest sovereign wealth fund excludes ONGC from portfolio
- GIFT City gains traction: Avendus fourth firm to get nod for setting up AIF
- Immediate gains more likely for Exide Industries' stock than HDFC Life
- Sebi asks investors to link PAN with Aadhaar by Sep for smooth transactions
- Sensex tops 58,000 in best week since May, completes 10,000-pt rise in 2021
- Reliance Industries m-cap goes past Rs 15 trillion mark as shares jump
Sensex up 364 pts, Nifty tops 15,850; auto, IT, realty stocks march ahead
In the broader markets, both, the BSE MidCap and SamllCap indices hit record highs of 23,342 and 27,106, respectively earlier in the trade
Stock market updates: Propelled by solid buying in realty, IT, auto, and select PSU bank stocks, equity markets skyrocketd on Monday. Besides, a stable global mood further cemented position of market bulls.
MSCI's main European Index rose around 0.8 per cent, while the STOXX 600 hit a new all-time high, up 0.7 per cent. In Asia, Nikkei jumped 2 per cent, Kospi rallied 0.65 per cent, and Hang Seng added 1 per cent.
Back home, the frontline S&P BSE Sensex zoomed 364 points, or 0.69 per cent, to close at 52,951 levels while the broader Nifty50 shut shop at 15,885-mark, up 122 points.
In the broader markets, both, the BSE MidCap and SmallCap indices hit record highs of 23,342 and 27,106, respectively earlier in the trade. They ended at 23,331 and 27,072, up 1 per cent each. Sectorally, all the indices ended in the green, led by the Nifty Realty index (up 5 per cent), and the Nifty Auto index, up 1.4 per cent.