- Markets snap six-day losing streak; Sensex ends 180 points higher
- LIC may list at a discount to issue price if grey market is an indicator
- Analysts cut target prices on SBI stock as lender misses Q4 estimates
- Trading strategies in SBI, BoB, Tech Mahindra, DMart post Q4 results
- Vodafone Idea soars 15% on heavy volumes in sharpest intra-day gain of 2022
- Weak global cues to hammer LIC listing? Here's what grey market signals
- Adani-Holcim deal: Analysts expect Ambuja and ACC to merge in medium-term
- Bandhan Bank surges 8% on improvement in asset quality in March quarter
- Holcim deal: Charts indicate up to 14% upside for ACC, Ambuja, Adani Ent
- Avenue Supermarts gains 8% post March quarter results
Sensex falls 361 pts, Nifty holds 17,500; Realty index drags; VIX cools 6%
Stock market LIVE: Broader markets end mixed; BSE Midcap falls 0.11 per cent and Smallcap index rises 0.48 per cent
The benchmark indices ended lower for the fourth straight day on Friday amid slowing global economic growth and inflation fears. At close, the Nifty50 index was down 86 points at 17,532 while the BSE Sensex ended with a loss of 361 points at 58,765. The broader markets, however, ended the day in the positive territory with the BSE Midcap and Smallcap indices rising 0.5 per cent each.
Sectorally, buying was seen in pharma, metal, PSU Bank and energy sectors whereas selling was witnessed in realty, banking and IT space.