- Maruti Q3 preview: Analysts see healthy nos due to recovery in sales volume
- MARKET LIVE: SGX Nifty indicates a lower opening for benchmark indices
- New launches, regulatory go-ahead key triggers for Dr Reddy's; stock rises
- HDFC beats expectations in Q3; conservative provisioning offers comfort
- Sebi's expert panel proposes stricter related-party regulations
- Govt starts search for next Sebi chief; Ajay Tyagi's term ends on 1 March
- ITI FPO subscribed 9% a day before close; firm plans to raise Rs 1,300 cr
- India-dedicated funds see outflows of $5.4 billion, shows EPFR data
- Sebi firms up risk management guidelines in commodity futures trade
- Markets catch coronavirus flu: World indices slip into the red, gold rises
MARKET WRAP: Benchmarks cautious on first day of CY20; Sensex up 52 pts
All that happened in the markets today
After a massive sell-off on Tuesday, Indian equities logged mild gains on Wednesday as trading sentiment remained subdued. The S&P BSE Sensex ended 52.28 points, or 0.13 per cent, higher at 41,306.02 level, while the broader Nifty50, on the NSE, ended at 12,189.70-mark, up 21.25 points or 0.17 per cent.
Among top performers, Power Grid, NTPC, Larsen and Toubro, and M&M gained up to 3 per cent on the Sensex, while Titan, IndusInd Bank, Bajaj Auto, and Tata Steel closed the day as top laggards.
As for key sectoral indices, Nifty IT index advanced the most at close (up nearly 0.5 per cent), while Nifty Auto and private bank indices slipped 0.45 and 0.24 per cent, respectively.
The broader market, however, outperformed the frontline indices today. The S&P BSE small-cap index added 0.64 per cent to close at 13,786.69 level, while the S&P BSE mid-cap index edged 0.21 per cent higher to 14,998.63.