- Bond yield rise may put pressure on stock valuations, rally in markets
- GDR manipulation: Sebi passes directions against Southern Ispat and Energy
- Oil cools off highs as leaders' comments reignite Covid-19 fears
- Wall Street down on taper talk, earnings concerns; Nasdaq falls 121 points
- BS BFSI Insight Summit: Time for crypto regulation, say panelists
- Sebi imposes Rs 33 lakh fine on eight entities for fraudulent trading
- Sebi streamlines grievance redressal system, to benefit clients
- Paytm's Rs 16,600 cr IPO gets Sebi nod, listing likely in November: sources
- Donald Trump-tied SPAC ignites retail investor frenzy amid 1,225% surge
- Sebi confirms directions passed against 12 promoters of DHFL
Sensex ends 958 pts up at 59,885, Nifty tops 17,800; Realty index gains 9%
Stock market LIVE: Sectorally, all indices were trading positively, led by Nifty Realty
The market rally continued on Thursday too as the domestic benchmark indices once again ended at record closing high levels on the back of positive global cues with the benchmark Sensex nearing the 60,000-mark. Today, 30-pack index rallied as much as 958 points to end at 59,885. The Nifty50 was up 276.30 points or 1.57 per cent at 17,823.
Bajaj Finserv, Hindalco Industries, Tata Motors, Larsen and Toubro and Coal India were among major gainers on the Nifty, while losers included HDFC Life, Dr Reddy’s Labs, Nestle India, ITC and Tata Consumer Products.
The broader market outperformed the benchmarks, as BSE midcap and smallcap indices rose 1 percent each. On the sectoral front, realty index gained nearly 9 percent, while IT, metal, bank, capital goods, oil & gas indices rose 1 percent each.
Volatility index, India VIX, gained less than a per cent to end at 16.60 levels.