Pledged holdings for the BSE500 stocks declined in the June 2018 quarter as against the preceding quarter. The percentage of pledged promoter holdings reduced to 6.8 per cent, from 7.4 per cent in the March quarter, according to Kotak Institutional Equities. The value of pledged holdings stood at Rs1.82 trillion, 1.37 per cent of market capitalisation of the BSE500 stocks. The brokerage attributed the fall in pledged holdings to changes in the constituents of the BSE-500 index.
A total of 119 from the BSE 500 index — down from 128 in the previous quarter — had at least some of their holdings pledged at the end of the June quarter.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.