Public sector banks (PSBs) may surprise the Street with a healthy March quarter (Q4FY21) numbers as muted earnings in the previous year, lower provisioning in this quarter, and resolution of key accounts may support the earnings, say analysts. However, relative to their private peers, PSBs may have to take a sharper knock as regards the refund of interest on interest (loan moratorium case), which may dent their net interest income (NII), they fear.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, May 19 2021. 07:55 IST