After two-and-a-half years of muted returns, small- and mid-capitalisation companies made a comeback in CY20, outperforming their larger peers. While the BSE MidCap index enriched investors by 22 per cent, the SmallCap index was up 21 per cent; these were 500-600 basis points higher than the benchmark indices. The outperformance of the stocks in these categories is expected to continue in the current year, believe brokerages.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, January 03 2021. 19:57 IST