The key benchmark indices snapped its four-day losing streak on Tuesday with mid-cap and small-cap stocks outperforming on the back of strong investor demand. On Wednesday, the markets are likely to open higher given the supportive cues from global markets. Meanwhile, here the top stocks to focus in trade on Tuesday. Vedanta: An open offer from the promoters of Vedanta led to a sharp turnaround in price on Tuesday on high volumes when TwinStar Holdings and Vedanta Netherlands – both promoter entities – offered to buy 4.57 per cent stake (about 170 million shares) at an indicative price of Rs 350 per share. However, analysts expect the price rise to be temporary as prices of aluminium, copper, steel, natural gas, crude oil, etc are all down in the past month. READ MORE
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
Battle between DTH company Dish TV and YES Bank likely to escalate
Analysts expect Bharti Airtel's Q1 profit to halve QoQ; stable ARPU likely
Tariff hike to aid Bharti Airtel's Q2 ARPU; profit may double QoQ: Analysts
OnePlus Watch review: Solid for starters, but not without software snags
Dish TV shares rise 13% on lenders' move to change management
MARKETS: Indices eyeing positive start; ZEE, Bharti Airtel in focus
Five Nifty stocks to bet on amid market volatility
Spoiling the party: Paytm debacle roils market for unlisted shares
Software firm Latent View Analytics jumps 2.5 times in stellar listing
Sensex, Nifty log first gain in 5 sessions; power, metal stocks gain