Afghanistan's Ministry of Defence (MoD) has confirmed that at least five insurgents have been killed in operations conducted across the country by its security forces.
Tolo News quoted the MoD as saying in a statement that two other insurgents were wounded, and another was arrested.
The operation was reportedly launched in Nangarhar, Paktia, Kandahar, Uruzgan, Zabul, Faryab, Takhar, Nimruz and Helmand province of Afghanistan.
"Forces have also discovered three motorbikes during the operations," the statement said.
"The forces launched 11 clearing operations, 21 special operations in eight provinces while the air forces carried out 33 support operations," it added.
However, the MoD didn't mention that the killed militants belonged to which insurgent group.
Earlier this month, at least 25 militants, belonging to the insurgent group Taliban, were killed and 13 others injured in an operation by security forces in central Ghazni province.
Afghanistan's Ministry of Defence said that at least one hundred militants were killed by the security forces in the past 24 hours across the country.
The operation was conducted after three major militant attacks had taken place in Kabul during the past two weeks.
Since January 20, militants have stormed a luxury hotel, bombed a crowded street and raided a military compound in Kabul, killing more than 130 people.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)