You are here: Home » News-ANI » International » World
Business Standard

Interpol red notices for 20 suspects over Khashoggi killing

ANI  |  Middle East 

on Thursday said that issued red notices for 20 suspects in connection to the murder of at the last year.

Turkey's justice ministry said that it had requested a red notice for 18 accused on November 15, 2018, and two others on December 21, 2018.

It informed that the of issued the red notice on March 1, 2019, after Turkey's request was accepted, reported.

A manhunt has been initiated to search for the 20 suspects across the

Earlier today, rejected calls for an international and independent investigation into Khashoggi's killing, arguing that it was well equipped to bring the perpetrators to justice, according to reports.

Khashoggi, a of the Saudi regime, was killed in the on October 2 last year, where he had gone to obtain paperwork certifying his divorce with his former wife in order to be able to re-marry his Turkish fiancee Hatice Cengiz.

After presenting several contradictory theories, acknowledged that was killed in the consulate premises in what the country's then had described as a "rogue operation".

UN's special rapporteur on extrajudicial killings, Agnes Callamard, leading the investigations into Khashoggi's death, had confirmed that evidence showed the latter to be a victim of "a brutal and premeditated killing, planned and perpetrated by officials of the state of Saudi Arabia".

According to the agencies, the murder of was enacted upon orders by Saudi

However, repeatedly rejected all the allegations against its Crown Prince, adding that it is committed to bringing the perpetrators to justice.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, March 15 2019. 05:43 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU