A fire broke out at the Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VSSIMSAR) here today at 7 am.
The incident occurred at the institute's battery room due to a short circuit inside the chamber.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control as soon as they were intimated.
While a critical unit near the room narrowly escaped the mishap, some furniture, equipment and official documents were damaged in the blaze.
No causalities have been reported.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)