Last week, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das, with two deputy governors in tow, held two separate e-meetings with the CEOs of all public sector banks and select private banks. The meetings were held to take stock of the financial year gone by in which the industry’s deposit portfolio grew by 11.4 per cent, higher than 7.9 per cent in the previous year, but the credit growth dropped to 5.6 per cent from 6.1 per cent.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, April 18 2021. 21:46 IST