One of the fascinating aspects of the pandemic has been the proliferation and active propagation of stupidity. As individuals, all of us have blind spots and self-destructive impulses. However, as social animals, we supposedly use the wisdom of crowds to temper and control such impulses and compensate for individual areas of weakness. After all, collective wisdom is supposedly how sapiens became a dominant species.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, July 30 2021. 23:07 IST