The largest ever corporate deal for direct purchase of green power has been signed recently in Asia. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC), a supplier of Apple, will buy the entire output of Orsted’s 920 megawatts (Mw) offshore wind farm (Great Changhua 2b & 4). The final investment decision on the wind farm is expected to be taken by 2023, and full commissioning is likely by 2026.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, October 01 2020. 00:57 IST