Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www.business-standard.com or the Business Standard newspaper
Digital India was just a dream a few years ago and given the hype and hoopla in the last few months over farmer stress and loan waivers, anemic industrial growth, banking NPAs, many start-up failures and the alarming rise of joblessness, a cynical citizen could be forgiven for believing that all the missions we have heard about — Skills India, Start-Up India, Make in India and even Digital India — will have to press a reset button to have any hope of succeeding by the time India is 75 years old. But this would not do justice to several successes we have seen in the realm of digital and the real hope that many of us have that a digitally-enabled India could be the secret sauce for cooking up a more optimistic future for many of our countrymen. The year when we see real results could well be 2019.
Research conducted by McKinsey Global Institute in collaboration with the IT ministry a year ago had optimistically projected a trillion-dollar opportunity
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.