In May 2021, the index of consumer sentiments fell by a massive 10.8 per cent compared to its level in the previous month, April. This was after the 3.8 per cent fall it had registered in April. The cumulative fall in the index over the past two months, therefore, was a substantial 14.1 per cent. These are the months when the second wave of Covid-19 infections was at its worst. Evidently, the harrowing experience of households across India during these months had a telling impact on consumer sentiments.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, June 14 2021. 23:59 IST