India’s gross domestic product (GDP) in 2018-19 is estimated at $2.75 trillion (the International Monetary Fund’s figure is $2.71 trillion) at market exchange rates. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has set an ambitious target of a $5 trillion economy by 2024-25. This is meant to be a challenging aspirational target rather than a projection.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sat, October 19 2019. 19:47 IST