Among the people working from their homes because of the Coronavirus pandemic, there is a marked tendency to go online and shop. Says Amber Ram, a Mumbai-based private sector employee: “I do sometimes tend to shop online just to ward off boredom.” Shopping festivals like the Flipkart.com Big Shopping Day sale from March 19-22 add to the allure of online shopping. Even if you belong to the judicious bunch who genuinely needs to buy a big-ticket item, there are quite a few ways you can pay. You could go for the no-cost EMI option, break an investment, take a personal loan, or save for a few months and then buy. How should you go about making a choice?
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, March 16 2020. 22:30 IST