- CWC member backs Shiv Sena's pitch for Rahul Gandhi & Pawar joining hands
- Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to meet party MLAs from Punjab today in Delhi
- Committed to restoring J&K statehood, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rahul should join hands with Pawar to bring Oppn parties together: Sena
- EC can hold Bengal by-polls as Covid-19 situation is under control: Mamata
- PM Modi's all-party meet on J&K: No big expectations, say experts
- BJP got Rs 276.45 cr from electoral trusts in 2019-20, Cong Rs 58 cr: ADR
- Gupkar alliance leaders agree to attend PM Modi's all-party meeting
- Now, Rashtra Manch to invite leaders from the Congress to next meet
- Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt, says prices will come down during elections
Parliament HIGHLIGHTS: Rajya Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
The Bill was passed with 125 votes in favour and 105 against it
Parliament Winter Session LIVE Updates: Rajya Sabha on Wednesday approved the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, completing the legislative procedure for giving Indian citizenship to non-Muslim migrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
Replying to a six-and-a-half-hour debate on the bill, Home Minister Amit Shah said the legislation seeks to provide citizenship to persecuted minorities in the three countries and not take away citizenship of anyone. He rejected the Opposition charge that the bill was against Muslims and said they have nothing to fear.
The Bill was passed with 125 votes in favour and 105 against it.
The CAB was passed in the Lok Sabha on Monday by 311:80 vote.