- The year ahead will be dominated by the rising edifice of a Hindu Rashtra
- Modi lying on detention camps, sanctioned Rs 46 cr for one in Assam: Gogoi
- Govt's new citizenship exercises are like a tax on the poor: Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi is liar of the year, Cong trying to fan instability: Javadekar
- Will follow NCP orders: Ajit Pawar on inclusion in Maharashtra govt
- NPR and NRC like a tax on poor people of India, says Rahul Gandhi
- Flag marches, police deployment in parts of Delhi as anti-CAA protests loom
- Mamata to attend swearing-in ceremony of Soren as Jharkhand CM on Sunday
- NPR will be buried if 10 more states oppose it like Kerala, Bengal: Karat
- With focus on NRC, CAA, govt wants to implement Hindu Rashtra: Chidambaram
Parliament HIGHLIGHTS: Rajya Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
The Bill was passed with 125 votes in favour and 105 against it
Union Home Minister Amit Shah speaks as he replies to the debate on Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Rajya Sabha during the Winter Session of Parliament
Parliament Winter Session LIVE Updates: Rajya Sabha on Wednesday approved the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, completing the legislative procedure for giving Indian citizenship to non-Muslim migrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
Replying to a six-and-a-half-hour debate on the bill, Home Minister Amit Shah said the legislation seeks to provide citizenship to persecuted minorities in the three countries and not take away citizenship of anyone. He rejected the Opposition charge that the bill was against Muslims and said they have nothing to fear.
The Bill was passed with 125 votes in favour and 105 against it.
The CAB was passed in the Lok Sabha on Monday by 311:80 vote.