- DMK seeks urgent SC hearing on plea for disqualification of 11 AIADMK MLAs
- SC to hear in open court plea of Fadnavis on 2014 poll affidavit verdict
- CAA, Article 370 factors behind India's slide democracy index: Shiv Sena
- Grilled on CAA at WEF, Goyal says Muslims in India safer than anywhere else
- Wave of peaceful protests will deepen India's democratic roots: Pranab
- 'Dynamic democracy' India will solve 'internal matter' CAA, Kashmir: Brazil
- 'Free to go': Nitish slams Pavan Varma for questioning BJP-JD(U) tie-up
- Haryana CM Khattar takes away police's CID from home minister Anil Vij
- Govt denies third-party mediation on Kashmir after Trump's offer: Source
- Why independent Dalit political outfits are failing to win elections
Parliament HIGHLIGHTS: Rajya Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
The Bill was passed with 125 votes in favour and 105 against it
Union Home Minister Amit Shah speaks as he replies to the debate on Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 in the Rajya Sabha during the Winter Session of Parliament
Parliament Winter Session LIVE Updates: Rajya Sabha on Wednesday approved the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, completing the legislative procedure for giving Indian citizenship to non-Muslim migrants from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
Replying to a six-and-a-half-hour debate on the bill, Home Minister Amit Shah said the legislation seeks to provide citizenship to persecuted minorities in the three countries and not take away citizenship of anyone. He rejected the Opposition charge that the bill was against Muslims and said they have nothing to fear.
The Bill was passed with 125 votes in favour and 105 against it.
The CAB was passed in the Lok Sabha on Monday by 311:80 vote.