Two Bangladeshis have been killed, five others injured and three were missing in New Zealand's worst terror attacks that claimed 49 lives, State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam said here on Saturday.
Bangladesh Honorary Consul in Auckland Shafiqur Rahman Bhuiyan on Friday said that three Bangladeshi nationals had been killed in the attack.
They were identified as Dr Samad, his wife and another woman, Hosne Ara Parvin.
The gunman at one mosque was an Australian-born citizen and has been described as an extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist.
"The death toll was based on initial reports from the expatriate community, but it had been revised down to two after one of the victim identified as 'Mrs Samad' was found alive," the state minister was quoted as saying by the bdnews24.com.
Parvin and her husband Farid Uddin had been living in Christchurch for several decades, the report said.
Alam said three Bangladesh nationals were missing since the attack. They have been identified as Mozammel Haque, Zakaria Bhuiyan and Shaon.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)