You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

24 students take ill after eating food in college hostel

Press Trust of India  |  Kakinada 

Twenty-four female students of an engineering institute here fell ill today after eating food in the hostel mess, an official said.

The students, residing in the hostel of Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada), complained of stomach pain and vomiting after eating in the hostel mess here in East Godavari district.

The hostel warden immediately rushed them to the college dispensary where they were given medical treatment, he said.

It is suspected that the food was contaminated.

JNTU Kakinada Vice-Chancellor V S S Kumar confirmed the incident and said there was no cause of concern.

Later District Collector Kartikeya Misra visited the college hostel and inquired about the health of the affected students.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Thu, July 13 2017. 22:32 IST