You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Charlie Cox opens up about 'Daredevil' cancellation

Press Trust of India  |  Los Angeles 

Charlie cox, the star of Netflix's "Dardevil", has broken his silence over the show's cancellation, saying he is "very saddened" by the

The streaming giant announced late last month that it is pulling the plug on the Marvel show after three seasons.

The superhero drama featured Cox as the titular vigilante who operated as by day.

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, the 35-year-old said, "A lot of us really expected to keep going, and I certainly did. The truth is, I felt like we had a lot of stories to tell, and although I understand (the cancellation), I'm very saddened by that."

"It's just how business works. But also, these characters mean a lot to people. It's weird to think there's a chance I won't be playing ever again. That's a bizarre feeling, because that character has been such a huge part of my life for the last four and a half years," he added.

The said playing Daredevil over the last few years was a "dream job" for him.

"I loved it. It's been just the most incredible job for me. It's so fun to do. You get to do all the acting obviously, which is great, but then there's also this really fun physical aspect to it with all the stunts and the fight choreograph," Cox added.

The move to cancel "Dardevil" comes close on the heels of pulling the plug on "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage" in October.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, December 07 2018. 13:25 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU