Several electrical wirings, installations and household items were gutted in the fire, he said.
Four fire engines and an ambulance were rushed to the spot.
One person received minor injuries in the incident and he was rushed to a nearby hospital, the official said.
Efforts were underway to bring the fire under control, he said, adding that the exact cause of the blaze was yet to ascertained.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)