A fire started on the roof of a coach of Jammu Rajdhani train near Sabzi Mandi station here tonight but no injury or casualty was reported and it was brought under control shortly, officials said.
A call of fire incident involving the train was received by the Delhi Fire Services around 9.04 pm.
"Four fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was controlled by 9.20 pm," an official of the Delhi Fire Services said.
The fire had started on the roof of the B-10 coach where over head equipment(OHE) is located.
"The fire started due to some dried inflammable item dropped on the OHE," the officer said.
A railways official said that a cloth was dropped on the OHE from a bridge at the Sabzi Mandi station that caught fire due to the spark of the engine as it crossed the area.
"The spark happened due to the obstruction between the locomotive pantograph and the OHE," he said.
"The fire was noticed by a railways points man around 9 PM on the roof of coach of the Jammu bound Rajdhani. No casualty or injury has been reported," the officer said.
The train departed without any major delay, added the official.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)