You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

L-G says Kejriwal threatened him, slams sit-in by CM, ministers

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

today slammed the sit-in by and his three cabinet colleagues at his office, calling it another without reason", and alleged that he was "threatened" by the to summon officers at the and end their "strike".

In a statement, the office said Baijal told during their meeting that there was "no strike" by officers and advised the CM to build an "atmosphere of trust" and address the genuine concerns of the bureaucracy, which has been been at loggerheads with the government since the alleged assault on by MLAs in February.

Kejriwal, his deputy and two ministers and met Baijal this evening and decided to stay put at his office till their three demands were accepted, including a direction to IAS officers to end their "strike" and action against officers who have struck work for "four months".

Kejriwal tweeted at 6 pm from the waiting room of the LG office that a letter was handed over to Baijal but he refused to take action. Later, Baijal left his office for a pre-scheduled appointment, even as th CM and his three ministers stayed in the waiting room of the Secretariat.

The office said that it is another protest by in the sequence of without reason".

"In the meeting, the L-G was threatened by the CM who demanded that the officers should be immediately summoned at and directions should be given to end the so-called strike'," the statement by L-G office said.

"In an unprecedented move that betrays little respect and dignity for constitutional offices, CM, deputy CM and the two ministers remained defiant and continued to pressurise that the officers must be immediately summoned to and the so-called agitation' be called off, and immediate approval of proposal for doorstep delivery of rations be given.

"In response, it was reiterated by L-G that there is no strike by employees and in his continued interactions with officers, it has been informed that the atmosphere of mistrust and fear continues and no sincere attempts to resolve the differences have been made so far," it said.

"Two wrongs never make a right. Since the CM and ministers refused to listen to this suggestion and as L-G had pre-scheduled appointments at his residence, he had no option but to leave the office," the L-G office stated.

About the CM's demand for L-G's nod for proposed doorstep delivery of ration, the statement stated that the file on the scheme is still lying with the for nearly three months.

"Hence, it will only be appropriate to expedite the matter of taking up the proposal with the at the earliest as pointed out by the law department, GNCTD that such a scheme requires prior approval of Central Govt. under National Food Security Act, 2013," it stated.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, June 11 2018. 21:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU