You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Sadhu electrocuted at Kullu Dussehra fair

Press Trust of India  |  Shimla 

A 28-year-old sadhu died due to electric shock in the toilet of a makeshift camp at a Dussehra fair in Himachal Pradesh's Kullu district, police said on Saturday.

Saran Dahia, a resident of Uttar Pradesh's Sitapur, was electrocuted in his 'pandal' in the Dhalpur ground area on Friday, said Kullu Superintendent of Police Gaurav Singh.

Dahia was electrocuted when he came in contact with a live electric wire as he tried to switch on the light of the toilet, the officer said.

His hand was slightly burnt and a broken bulb was found lying near him, the SP said.

A case of negligence has been registered in connection with the incident, the officer added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, October 12 2019. 19:20 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU