Two persons died of electrocution when they came in contact with an overhead live wire in Odisha's Balasore district on Saturday, police said.
The incident occurred at Hidigaon village under Chandipur police station area when a power lineman was attending a complaint and the 11 kv live wire suddenly fell on him and another man at the spot, the police said.
Both were immediately taken to the district headquarters hospital where doctors declared them brought dead, they said.
The deceased were identified as lineman Satya Narayan Das (43) and Pradip Kumar Jena (24), police added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)