By Aditi ShahNEW DELHI (Reuters) - Suzuki Motor Corp's position in India and other markets is under serious threat from Toyota's buyout of rival Daihatsu , Suzuki's president said on Tuesday.Toyota, the world's biggest carmaker, is to buy its remaining stake in Daihatsu as part of a strategy to strengthen its push into compact cars for emerging markets -- a move likely to increase competition for Suzuki in one of its biggest and fastest-growing markets.Profit generation will become a more challenging proposition for Suzuki as multiple competitors seek to muscle in on the Indian market, ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2022 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard