Pakistan cricket team, led by Babar Azam, will start the three-match T20 International series as favourites against Eoin Morgan’s England. Both the teams will lock horns in the first T20 match on Friday at The Old Trafford in Manchester. Like the Test series, this one will also be played in empty stadium and in a bio-secure environment.
Check ENG VS PAK LIVE TOSS, MANCHESTER WEATHER and MATCH UPDATES HERE
The visitors have an advantage as they have not lost a single T20 match in Manchester and all the matches are scheduled to take place at the same venue.
Meanwhile, there was a major setback for home team on the eve of the first T20 as its most explosive batsmen Jason Roy was ruled out of all three matches because of a left side strain.
The opener was hurt during practice at Old Trafford this week, and had a scan on Wednesday which revealed the injury.
Check Eng vs Pak 1st Test live streaming and match start timing details here
Roy will remain with the England squad and look to recover in time for the white-ball series against Australia. England didn't say if a replacement would be called up for Roy.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.