- Non-food loan growth pace decelerates to 7.3% in February 2020 from 13.2%
- No salary cuts; police, healthcare workers to get priority: Maharashtra CM
- Railways' move to suspend services contradicts social distancing message
- Stung by coronavirus, markets log biggest yearly loss in FY20 since 2009
- Govt to borrow Rs 4.88 trn, 62.56% of gross target in April-Sept period
- Fiscal deficit for April-February touches 135.2% of Revised Estimates
Ind vs SA 1st ODI highlights: Match abandoned due to rain without toss
India vs South Africa match was called off due to excessive rain in Dharamshala
Indian cricket player Rishabh Pant during a practice session ahead of the first ODI against South Africa, in Dharamshala. Photo: PTI
For India, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Hardik Pandya are making a comeback in the series. Shikhar Dhawan is also returning to the team and it would lend valuable experience to the Indian top-order, which badly missed both the openers in New Zealand.
Alos, the upcoming second and third ODI between India and South Africa may be played behind closed doors, sources within the BCCI said on Wednesday. The Central government has suspended all visas to India till April 15 as part of measures to contain the spread of coronavirus and this has put IPL's scheduling in doubt.
As part of advisory issued by the Health Ministry, all federations have been asked to avoid large gatherings.
When asked about the upcoming second and third ODI between India and South Africa, a BCCI source told PTI: "Government has issuesd advisory on sporting events and we have to follow them. We will follow the advisory for the upcoming second and third ODI".
The second and third ODI will be played in Lucknow and Kolkata respectively on March 15 and 18.