- Patanjali to issue debentures worth Rs 250 cr; bidding to start on May 28
- 1 in 10 Indian jobseekers lost job, most think layoff imminent: Survey
- In latest U-turn, China says Covid-19 virus had 'multiple origins'
- Donations by companies to PM-CARES Fund notified as CSR, says govt
- Leo Puri to replace Kalpana Morparia as JP Morgan chief for South, SE Asia
Ind vs SA 1st ODI highlights: Match abandoned due to rain without toss
India vs South Africa match was called off due to excessive rain in Dharamshala
Indian cricket player Rishabh Pant during a practice session ahead of the first ODI against South Africa, in Dharamshala. Photo: PTI
For India, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Hardik Pandya are making a comeback in the series. Shikhar Dhawan is also returning to the team and it would lend valuable experience to the Indian top-order, which badly missed both the openers in New Zealand.
Alos, the upcoming second and third ODI between India and South Africa may be played behind closed doors, sources within the BCCI said on Wednesday. The Central government has suspended all visas to India till April 15 as part of measures to contain the spread of coronavirus and this has put IPL's scheduling in doubt.
As part of advisory issued by the Health Ministry, all federations have been asked to avoid large gatherings.
When asked about the upcoming second and third ODI between India and South Africa, a BCCI source told PTI: "Government has issuesd advisory on sporting events and we have to follow them. We will follow the advisory for the upcoming second and third ODI".
The second and third ODI will be played in Lucknow and Kolkata respectively on March 15 and 18.