- Tech's cold war: Here's how geopolitics is shaping your next smartphone
- Second phase of gold reforms on govt's priority list, revamped GMS on cards
- Win sabka vishwas, give up VIP culture: PM Modi tells party MPs
- Google's Duplex uses AI to mimic humans, but only sometimes
- Jet Airways founder Naresh Goyal, wife stopped from flying abroad
- Defying US Congress, Donald Trump okays military sales to Saudis, UAE
IPL 2019 highlights: Gill's unbeaten 65 helps KKR beat KXIP by 7 wickets
Youngsters Sam Curran and Nicholas Pooran displayed belligerence as Kings XI Punjab put on a respectable 183 for 6.
Check 2019 IPL Points table here
IPL 2019, Match 52: KXIP vs KKR LIVE scorecard
Earlier, Youngsters Sam Curran and Nicholas Pooran displayed belligerence as Kings XI Punjab put on a respectable 183 for 6 against Kolkata Knight Riders after being put into bat.
While West Indies' Pooran smashed 48 off 27 balls to give the innings initial impetus as he added 69 runs for the third wicket with Mayank Agarwal (36 off 26 balls), Englishman Curran walloped KKR bowlers to smash an unbeaten 55 off 24 balls to take the score past 180-run mark.
For KKR, fast bowler Sandeep Warrier (2/31) was the most impressive as he removed the opening pair of Chris Gayle (14 off 14 balls) and KL Rahul (2 off 7 balls) in quick succession.
However Pooran again showed his big-hitting prowess, hitting four sixes apart from three boundaries as he found an able partner in Agarwal.
Pooran was unlucky to miss out on a fifty as he was holed out in the deep mid-wicket region trying to hit a Nitish Rana half-tracker for six.
Once Agarwal and later Mandeep Singh (25) got out, it seemed that KXIP will have to settle for less than 170 but Curran had other ideas as 32 runs came off the last two overs.
In the 19th over, Curran hit Andre Russell for a couple of boundaries, before launching into countrymate Harry Gurney, hitting him for 22 runs, which included three fours and a big six. In all, Curran hit seven fours and two sixes.